Location: Karachi & Lahore, Pakistan
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is a technology solutions company that develops and invests in mobility and location based products and services that change the world by delivering lifestyle improvements. Our vision is to become Pakistan’s largest and worlds’ renowned technology company.
We are looking for a Technical Solutions Consultant to join our growing Technical Consulting team in Lahore and Karachi offices.
The candidate will initially work in a client-facing role on an on-site engagement in Dubai and travel frequently between Pakistan and Dubai. He or she will advise a very high profile client on technology implementation of a high impact product launch. The job entails knowledge of a broad set of technologies, deep understanding of solutions architecture, extremely strong communication skills, and remarkable ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you must:
- Be intellectually smart and curious
- Have the passion for and take pride in your work
- Deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
- Have a no-frills attitude and be a collaborative team player
- Be ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and services that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. At VentureDive we believe in rewarding our employees with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us … we’re having a ball!
Send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Skills & Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED
- More than 4 years of experience working on large scale applications architecture in a complex legacy environment
- Demonstrates technical leadership
- Ability to work with and help resolve ambiguous requirements
- Experience with on-shore engagement that requires strong communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Supports the decision-making processes related to the selection of IT architecture solutions
- Experience working with and leading matrix teams including teams in different time zones
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and mentoring development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions
- Hands on experience in technical consulting or professional services
- Understanding of enterprise IT systems, hosting solutions, networking, telephony, server technologies, and databases
- Basic understanding of data centers and how hardware is deployed
- Comfortable with taking on new and ambiguous challenges
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the client and technology vendors to review architecture and other key technical deliverables
- Advise the relevant parties on best practices
- Document required reviews and recommendations
- Work with existing back-end teams to ensure their systems are following best practices and are in a good shape to be integrated with the new product
- Help client navigate effectively with the vendors and other stakeholders to deliver a successful and robust product on time
- Work with internal and customer resources to understand emerging technologies, technical roadmaps, and how it applies to the customer environment
- Partner with internal and client resources to provide technical direction during project initiation
- Develop solution alternatives to meet business needs and considers the costs and risks for any trade-off decision