Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is a technology solutions studio that develops and invests in mobility and location based products and services that change the world by delivering lifestyle improvements. Our vision is to become Pakistan’s largest and worlds’ renowned technology company.
We are looking for Director Engineering to join our growing team in Karachi.
VentureDive’s engineers are blazing trails in all facets of massively scalable application design and development. Like other companies facing explosive growth, VentureDive application engineers are willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to solve any challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn’t exist, they innovate as necessary.
We’re looking for an engineering director to lead product development. VentureDive’s engineering team continues to grow quickly and we’re looking to hire an outstanding engineering leader to run core parts of our product, scale our engineering team, and help drive our technical direction.
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you must :
- Be intellectually smart and curious
- Have the passion for and take pride in your work
- Deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
- Have a no-frills attitude and be a collaborative team player
- Be ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and services that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. At VentureDive we believe in rewarding our employees with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us … we’re having a ball!
Send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Skills & Qualification
- Excellent Passion for solving hard problems for customers
- Passion for leading teams, setting vision, and developing highly functioning organizations
- Demonstrated success leading the development, delivery, and support of complex products and services
- Experience leading multiple simultaneous product development efforts and technology initiatives in a collaborative, high energy environment
- Deep understanding of building scalable architectures and distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills, 4-year degree from a top-notch Computer Science or comparable program, 8-10 years engineering management experience, including managing managers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, guidance and vision for engineering teams building a set of differentiated capabilities for enterprise admins, teams, and end users.
- Manage multiple projects across a variety of technologies, collaborate crossfunctionally, within the organization and beyond, to coordinate dependencies and interactions.
- Accountable for product delivery, performance, stability, and quality.
- Build and refine organizational strategy for highly effective and motivated teams
- Coach and mentor managers and senior engineers.
- Partner with product management, strategic partners, and key customers to create the enterprise product and platform strategy, prioritize projects, and define feature requirements.
- Make hard tradeoffs with business outcomes in mind.
- Build architectural strategy and technical roadmap aligned with enterprise product strategy·
- Evangelize great design and engineering practices, help guide engineering vision at VentureDive.
- Web development using Java, Spring, Hibernte and SQL.
- Producing solid code with excellent unit test coverage.
- Delivering solutions with a relentless focus on automation and deployment via TeamCity/Jenkins, Selenium and/or similar tools.
- Providing accurate time and effort estimates.
- Working closely with the Team Lead to discuss technical solutions and innovative ideas to those solutions.
- Training and development of the technical and organizational skills of the junior programmers.
Training and work experience
Excellent communication skills, 4-year degree from a top-notch Computer Science or comparable program, 8-10 years engineering management experience, including managing managers.