Location: Lahore & Karachi, Pakistan
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is a technology solutions studio that develops and invests in mobility and location based products and services that change the world by delivering lifestyle improvements. Our vision is to become Pakistan’s largest and worlds’ renowned technology company.
We are looking for a Web Developer to join our growing team in Lahore.
VentureDive’s engineers are blazing trails in all facets of massively scalable application design and development. Like other companies facing explosive growth, VentureDive application engineers are willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to solve any challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn’t exist, they innovate as necessary.
The web developer will work in a team environment in the web and execution of web products. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve his or her skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the development. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with experience in web application development.
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you must :
- Be intellectually smart and curious
- Have the passion for and take pride in your work
- Deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
- Have a no-frills attitude and be a collaborative team player
- Be ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and services that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. At VentureDive we believe in rewarding our employees with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us … we’re having a ball!
Send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Skills & Qualification
- Excellent knowledge of Core JAVA (must have).
- Excellent OOP and Data structures knowledge.
- Extensive web development experience in JAVA.
- Experience working on Spring framework (Security, Restful Services).
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code.
- Experience working on Application servers (e.g Tomcat, jBoss).
- Experience working on Build tools (e.g. ant, maven).
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN).
- Excellent knowledge of Design patterns.
- Knowledge of best practices (coding styles, standard naming conventions, security, etc).
- Good knowledge of HTML/CSS, Java Script and jQuery.
- Excellent communication and team skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Agile Web development using Java, Spring, JS and HTML/CSS.
- Producing solid code with excellent unit test coverage.
- Delivering solutions with a relentless focus on automation and deployment via TeamCity/Jenkins, Selenium and similar tools.
- Providing accurate time and effort estimates.
- Working closely with the Team Lead to discuss technical solutions and innovative ideas to those solutions.
- Training and development of the technical and organizational skills of the junior programmers.
Training and work experience
BS/MS degree in CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.